Tuesday 17 June 2014

A New Day.

It's 7 am, the snoring has stopped and I know it is time to get up. Betsy has only had two injections so for now she is doing her business on the balcony or in the crate on the newspaper. I get out of bed and carry her to the balcony and say " go potty Betsy." I know it sounds silly but it works! Then the poo dance starts, it is so funny. Betsy runs from side to side, bucking her legs like a horse until she decides to go. After everything is cleaned up, I head back to bed but Betsy wants some cuddles so I get my pillow and lay with her on the sofa until we both fall asleep again. 
At breakfast time, Betsy is fed first. She doesn't beg for our food as we have never given any to her so she is quite content with her dog food and treats. We use the treats to teach her commands and tricks. So far she will sit, give each paw and high five. She will also lay down and jump through a hoop. 
At only 5 months old, Betsy is making great progress and we are very proud of her! 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment